One and Only
Chances are you own some pretty unique things. Maybe your apartment is full of flea market finds of the utmost rarity. But one-of-a-kind doesn't have to mean vintage. There's a new breed of artisans in town creating hand-worked items that are assuredly uncommon, for people who are passionate about being the exclusive owner of something special. Bold Locals Mariah Gardner and David Franklin both have a swoon-worthy collection of these wares/wears from local stores and makers – check 'em out.
1. Surf Tote by Susan Hoff. $180
2. Holly Samuelsen Clutch at Gravel & Gold. Prices vary.
3. Ukulele Kit at The Curiosity Shoppe. $50
4. Handmade Baseball by Paul Cunningham at The Curiosity Shoppe. $30
5. Refurbished Typewriter at Viracocha. Prices Vary.
6. Custom-Made Dress at Elizabeth Dye. $300
7. Woven Stool at Anzfer Farms. $300 and up.
8. Stump Succulent Arrangement at Studio Choo. $65
9. Custom-Made BB Gun Targets at Of Hearty Stock. $55
10. Driftwood Lamp at Anzfer Farms. $75
11. Alissa Anderson Wallets at Foggy Notion. $40
12. Rachel Corry Sandals at Gravel & Gold. Prices vary.
13. Arrow Bundle at Vogtsmith. $150
14. Bowling Ball at All American Bowling and Trophy Supply. $100
15. Vintage Knives at Bernal Cutlery. Prices vary.
16. Piano Pinner Skateboard by Solitary Arts. $135
17. Jack's Knife & Spike Rigs from Foremast Jack. $90
18. Hand-Painted "No Parking" Sign from New Bohemia Signs. $250
19. Fedora and Panama Hat at Paul's Hat Works. $300, $475
20. Tailored Dress Shirt by Taylor Stitch at The Common. $125
21. Strawfoot Handmade Men's Waxed Canvas Tote at Unionmade. $200
22. Custom-Made Suit at Duchess, Clothier. $1,300
23. SOMA Bicycle at Pedal Revolution. $2,250
24. Tanner Goods Leather Belt at Welcome Stranger. $88
25. Custom Newsboy Hat at Al's Attire. $149
26. Custom Shoes from Al's Attire. Prices vary.
27. Author Portrait by Maria Forde. $200
28. "Friend or Foe" T-shirt at Ape Do Good. $30
29. "Revenant" Print by James L. Tucker. $150
This story originally ran in Volume 3 of The Bold Italic magazine – SF By Design – which is available for purchase as a single issue or with a subscription.