We're Looking for Editorial Interns
Hello writers! Are you a Bold Italic fan looking to get on the other side of the screen with us? We're looking for two social media-savvy bloggers interested in interning at The Bold Italic HQ (Hayes Valley, SF) for the spring season. The gig lasts four months, and is for 3-5 days a week. And yes, we pay our interns ($15/hr). We can give you school credit if you need it. So what are we looking for? Well, funny you should ask:
- Writing regular blog posts
- Posting events listings
- Helping at The Bold Italic events (many of these events happen on weekday evenings)
- The possibility of writing 1-2 longer pieces over the course of the internship
- General administrative duties, as needed by the staff
- Available to come to the office at least 3 days a week, 5-7 hours per day
- Strong familiarity with social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram addicts are most welcome)
- Blogging experience
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, respects deadlines
- Good sense of humor (although you don't have to laugh at our jokes)
- Published writing experience a plus
- Qualified applicants must be of the minimum legal age to enter venues where alcoholic beverages are served.
To be considered for the Editorial Internship, please send a cover letter telling us a little about yourself along with your resume and your writing clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we cannot respond to every applicant.
Image from Thinkstock