Image by Nevit Dilmen
The Bold Italic is seeking a User Experience Lead to design interactions, develop concepts. and implement functionality as we evolve our multi-platform experience. You deeply empathize with users, understand the user experience design process as well as know front-end technologies and code frameworks. You enjoy taking a concept into detailed design and continue until the concept is live for users to enjoy.
The Bold Italic is a launch pad for local exploration, exposing San Francisco's cultural core. We seek to deepen people’s love affair with San Francisco culture through highly designed stories and events. Conceived by Gannett's innovation team in partnership with design firm IDEO, we unearth rare tidbits about the city and outline offbeat urban adventures. Additionally, The Bold Italic has been a Webby honoree, an IDSA finalist, and named best webzine by SF Weekly. Our newly remodeled, pet friendly offices are centrally located in Hayes Valley.
- Own the style guide of the site and ensure adherence in all design.
- Transform business requirements into interactions and develop them into enjoyable, engaging experiences.
- Research and share knowledge about how users interact with new interfaces, helping the group to understand and drive user experience.
- Produce design artifacts for project deliverables, such as annotated mock-ups, wireframes, user interface elements, and interaction workflows.
- Incorporate site analytics and customer feedback and apply them intelligently into iterative design solutions.
- Work with contract back-end developers to implement site functionality, including troubleshooting and QA.
- Bring projects from concept to realization — doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- 3 - 5 years of professional web application design and/or development experience with an emphasis on interaction and user experience design.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant and related field. Experience with the publishing, media, and arts communities is preferred.
- A proven track record showing the ability to work independently and throughout the full lifecycle, from conceptualization to production implementation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of capabilities across multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for online media
- Voracious appetite for all things Web; if it is happening, you already know about it.