I was at a birthday party in the middle of nowhere a week ago, and something terrible happened. A wild disaster.
We had no internet.
Now, why is this a problem, I presume you'd wonder. Well, because we live in a culture where no one has physical fucking copies of anything anymore, so everyone's playlists that were "living in the cloud" were out there, in the cloud, partying without us. And that really pissed me off.
Because of this, I feel like everyone should have backup mixes with them at all times. Mixes that, in a bind, will make everyone in the room forget that we don't, "have the latest grizzly bear that came out" or "that obscure dubtstep song" which, you know what? Stop it. Stop listening to dub step, it's terrible, and everyone at the party doesn't wanna talk to you anymore.
These are backup mixes that you should download and have with you at all times. An emergency music first aid kit, if you will, that will make even the hipsterist of the hipster communities smile and the bro-iest of the bro's dance. And everyone. EVERYONE. Will sing every lyric.
This first installment is "Party like It's 1999. But definitely not 2000. (Because that's not the 90's.)"
Stream at Grooveshark here.
Or go listen on Spotify here.
1. Juicy - Notorius B.I.G.
2. Steal My Sunshine - Len
3. Good - Better Than Ezra
4. Santa Monica - Everclear
5. No Rain - Blind Melon
6. 40 Oz. to Freedom - Sublime
7. Crossroads - Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
8. Undone (The Sweater Song) - Weezer
9. People Everyday - Arrested Development
10. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
11. Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction
12. Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin' Criminals
13. Ain't No Fun - Snoop Dogg
14. Cannonball - The Breeders
15. Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
16. Closing Time - Semisonic
17. This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
18. Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
19. Even Flow - Pearl Jam
20. Regulate - Warren G