This is it, everyone. The end is nigh and by Friday, it won't matter how many Twitter or Instagram followers you have because we'll all be engulfed in the flames of solar flare (what filter would make that look best, anyway? Just for reference). And, if you don't mind me asking, what the hell are you going to do before the end?
Here are some of the things that The Bold Italic staffers would like to do in the city before we all go up in flames. Maybe this will inspire you to do the same (or join us!).
- Go on an oyster crawl (like bar crawl, but with oysters!).
- Devour all of flour + water's salted chocolate mousse dessert.
- Dine in the dark at Opaque.
- Eat a Turducken.
- Enjoy pupusas at Balompie with a Sierra Nevada.
- Eat a Church Sandwich from Rhea's Deli.
- Get milkshakes and fries from St. Francis Fountain.
- Get dim sum on Clement St. (here's how!)
- Eat a tamale from the Tamale Lady at Zeitgeist.
- Bust a gut at the House of Prime Rib.
- Get drunk at Martuni's and sing a showtune, perhaps something from Little Shop of Horrors.
- Talk your way into the Pacific Union Club and enjoy a brandy with the titans of industry.
- Drink a Pie Milkshake from Chile Pie.
- Grab a drink at the Ramp.
- Get kicked out of Zeitgeist.
- Drink from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. at Aces Bar.
3. Tear through the streets with Brian Wilson
- Look at this. 'Nuff said.
4. Go outside
- Go to all the high places in SF (Corona Heights, Turtle Rock, Twin Peaks, etc.).
- Walk or bike across Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take a boat ride in the bay.
- Swing on this swing.
- Go down the Seward Street slides.
- Have a zen moment at Sutro Baths, looking out over the water, then up to Lands End to look at the bridge one last time.
- Sneak to the top of the Transamerica Building.
- Throw a bonfire at Ocean Beach.
5. Watch the sunset/sunrise
- Watch the sun rise from Bernal Heights.
- Adopt dogs from a shelter and take them to Ocean Beach for the sunset – because there's nothing happier than pooches at the beach.
- Try to see the green flash at Fort Funston at sunset with a picnic. (Bonus points if you see horses on the beach, dolphins in the ocean, and hang gliders).
- "I think I would just want to lie down in fetal position and hug a warm burrito and watch the sunset from ocean beach. And Instagram my last sunset ever." – Angela, our design intern, who obviously has come to terms with her own demise.
Well there you have it, folks. We had a few lonely hearts who are waiting for the end to tell their secret crushes about their affection but it looks like when faced with the end of the world, The Bold Italic staff will do...exactly what we do any other day. But with more sunsets. A lot more sunsets.