Photo by juicyrai
"WHY ARE ALL THESE CRAZY PEOPLE WALKING AROUND WITH THEIR PILLOWS?"
It snows in San Francisco
on February 14th –
feathers that is. If you have yet to experience the annual pillow fight smack-down, consider making Valentine's Day 2012 a blizzard to remember. Festivities commence as the Ferry Building clock tower strikes 6 p.m. in the Justin Herman Plaza.
• Tell everyone and their mom – we're all cool kids.
• Bring new, soft pillows; ixnay on those tempur-pedic bricks, ya'll!
• Don't hit anyone with a camera; broken cameras are sad cameras.
• Bring a garbage bag for your SUPER-RESPONSIBLE feather clean-up contribution.
• HAVE FUN, oh wait, yes... and... HAVE FUN!!
"A FREE WAY TO SPEND AN EXPENSIVE DAY."
"CLEAN UP, CLEAN UP, EVERYBODY, EVERYWHERE!"
Yes. This is an awesome event.
And yes, shoveling the feather drifts post-onslaught costs the city tens of thousands of dollars; many attendees recommend bringing cotton pillows to cut down on debris. If you're smitten with the snow-like atmosphere: clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere! This concentrated madness melts away around 9:30 p.m.